Thursday 18 November 2010

REQUEST TO BILL CASH TO SIGN EDM CONCERNING IMPRISONMENT OF STUART SYVRET

Thursday 18th November 2010

Dear Mr Cash,

I am enclosing the letter I have sent to Bill Millar, the Governer of La Moye Prison in Jersey.
I am requesting you as my MP to sign the EDM Number 1033, tabled by John Hemming MP
http://edmi.parliament.uk/EDMi/EDMDetails.aspx?EDMID=42022&SESSION=905
EDM 1033
17.11.2010

Hemming, John
That this House is shocked at the decision of the Jersey Courts to imprison erstwhile Senator Stuart Syvret for 10 weeks following his being found guilty of data protection offences; notes that his offence was to criticise the Jersey establishment for its failures to enforce the rule of law; believes that this sanction is an attempt to frighten others away from raising concerns about the failings of the justice system in Jersey; and calls for the Government urgently to raise concerns about this political persecution with the authorities in Jersey.
Yours faithfully,

Barbara Richards

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hi,

Stuart's out on bail pending appeal.

Cheryl

Zoompad said...

That was when I was stupid enough to give the benefit of the doubt to John Hemming, while I was being bullied by paedophiles on Mothers for Justice.

He let me be bullied for two years by some really vile people, and one of them was Nigel Oldfield